To work in partnership with schools and others in the community to help children make healthy choices by:
- contributing to life-skills and health education programmes using models of best practice
- working with parents, carers and teachers in the community in communicating healthy life-styles messages
- educating children about the effects and risks of drugs, including alcohol and tobacco
We have created a Life Education Awareness Programme for children from the ages of 3 yrs up to 11 yrs, educating them about the damaging effects of obesity, smoking, binge drinking and drug abuse, therby helping them make informed choices for a healthy future.
Open to all schools in the Croydon, Surrey and Sussex area, this mobile based programme is proven to have a positive impact on young people’s knowledge, attitudes and behaviour to unhealthy habits and can be integrated into any school’s curriculum. In particular, the programme supports the PSHE curriculum.
Please explore our site for further information about Life Education Centres in Croydon, Surrey and Sussex, the work we do, and how you can get involved:
- Learn more about Life Education Centres.
- The “For Schools” section gives detailed information on the programmes for each age group, how schools will benefit from getting involved, and information on booking.
- Parents are also very important to the work of LEC.
- Fun and Games can be found on the “For Children” page, as well as a word from Harold our friendly Giraffe.
- You can also hear find out about Life Education in the UK and contact us with any enquiries.